Hawai‘i Pacific University (HPU) is a private, nonprofit university in O‘ahu, with urban and tropical campuses in downtown Honolulu and at the foot of the Ko‘olau Mountains on the windward side of the island, respectively. Established in 1965, HPU is home to over 5,000 students from Hawai‘i, the mainland, and over 70 countries around the world. Fusing the University’s unmatched cultural diversity with personal support and a deliberately intimate learning environment, students get up-close and personal with the subjects they’re most passionate about, enabling them to “look closer, see further, and do more.” HPU has been named “Best in the West” (Princeton Review, 2016), the most diverse private nonprofit university in the country (The Chronicle of Higher Education, 2016), and one of the top 8% of private colleges for graduates’ income mobility (The New York Times, 2017). HPU students also enjoy the #1 Return on Investment on the Islands.
See attached flyer HERE
• Application Fee Wavier
• HGEA members receive a 40% Undergraduate tuition discount (new effective 8/1/19) and 30% Graduate tuition discount.
• Valid for newly enrolled applicants wishing to pursue an undergraduate, graduate or certificate program
• Discounts are not retroactive and apply to newly enrolled students only.
HPU Admissions Process for HGEA Members
• Complete the Request for Application Fee Waiver Form
o An HPU admissions counselor will contact member to complete the waiver process and answer initial questions.
• Complete the Online Application
o Member to complete the online application at www.hpu.edu/apply.
• Submit all required supplemental documents to HPU
o Admission requirements can be found online at https://www.hpu.edu/admissions/index.html.
• Review and Decision Process
o Allow up to 10-14 business days once application is complete, certain programs may require longer processing times.
o Decision letter will be mailed/emailed to the addresses provided on application.
Once Accepted, Verification process for HGEA Member
o Member will email request for membership verification to HGEA at (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 5 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
o HGEA membership staff will complete verification form and email member back with confirmation of submitting verification to HPU.